63 Fun Questions to Get Your Kid Talking
Children ask questions—lots of questions. But you can turn the tables! Here are 63 fun suggestions to get a conversation started.
成人小视频appKids ask a lot of questions. Sometimes the questions repeat themselves. Most of the time we've answered them over and over. And let's be honest, we've been known to ignore one or two here and there or do an internal eye-roll over the constant barrage of why's and how's. To be fair, studies have shown that young children ask over 300 questions each day—and so we can't really be expected to answer all of them. (Right?)
- RELATED: 9 Proven Strategies for Picky Eaters
But here's the thing, kids should actually be encouraged to ask more成人小视频app questions—not fewer! (I know, you want to stop reading right now, because, why?! How?!) Turns out there's a very good reason: When you answer your child's questions, you help keep your child's mind open, says author and parenting expert Plus, she adds, "You're modeling what a good question looks and sounds like."
It's important we let kids know their imagination—and desire to know more—is a wonderful thing, and it turns out we can help achieve this not just by answering our kids' many questions, but by making a point to ask them just as many questions in return. After all, it's proven that kids mimic the words, patterns, routines, and behavior of their parents.
成人小视频appSo move beyond the basic "How was your day?" and consider this list of 63 questions to help get your kids talking:
1. What do you like daydreaming about?
2.成人小视频app What makes you happy?
3.成人小视频app What have your friends been up to?
4. If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
5.成人小视频app What do you look forward to when you wake up?
6. Do you ever think about renaming the colors of your crayons?
7. What character makes you laugh the most?
8.成人小视频app If you opened a store, what would you sell?
9. What's your Superhero name and what powers do you have?
10.成人小视频app You're at the beach. What's the first thing you do?
11. If you could grow anything in the yard, what would it be?
12. What makes you feel brave?
13. What makes you feel loved?
14. How do you show people you care?
15. What does it feel like when I hug you?
16.成人小视频app If your stuffed animals could talk, what would they say?
17. If you could give $100 to a charity, which would you choose?
18. How would you design a treehouse?
19. What do you enjoy giving people?
20.成人小视频app Did you smile or laugh extra today?
21.成人小视频app If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
22. If you drew everything that came to your head, what would you be drawing right now?
23.成人小视频app If you designed clothes, what would they look like?
24. How do you best like helping others?
25. Pretend you're a chef, and tell me about your restaurant. What foods do you serve?
26. What do you think you're going to dream about tonight?
27.成人小视频app What makes you feel thankful?
28.成人小视频app Where would you like to travel? How would you get there?
29.成人小视频app What sounds do you like?
30. If you made a cave in the woods, what would be inside it?
31.成人小视频app If you could ask a wild animal any question, what would you ask?
32.成人小视频app You're outside for a whole day: what would you do?
33. What makes the best fort?
34. What makes you feel energized?
35.成人小视频app If you were in a play, what would your character be like?
36. How do you think animals communicate?
37.成人小视频app What are some of the best things about nature?
38. You're a photographer for a day, what would you take pictures of?
39. What's a memory that makes you happy?
40.成人小视频app What bugs you?
41.成人小视频app Describe a great day. What are you doing that makes it special?
42. What animal would make a great driver?
43. What makes your friends so awesome?
44. What makes you so awesome?
45.成人小视频app Do you have any inventions in your brain?
46.成人小视频app Do you think it'd be fun to learn another language?
47. What are three things you want to do this summer?
48. If you could make up a new holiday成人小视频app, what would it be?
49.成人小视频app What makes someone smart?
50. If you had friends all over the world, how would you keep in touch?
51. If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
52. 成人小视频appWhat would you do together?
53. Do you like it when other people share with you? Why?
54. If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?
55. If you were a teacher and could teach your students anything at all, what would you teach them?
56. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
57. 成人小视频appCome up with three silly new traditions for the world. Or for aliens on another planet!
58.成人小视频app Who is your favorite storybook character?
59. 成人小视频appWhat one thing do you do now that you need an adult for but would like to try to do all by yourself?
60. If a friend asks you to keep a secret that you don’t feel comfortable keeping, what would you do?
61.成人小视频app If you had to give everyone in the family new names, what would they be?
62. What would you do if you made the rules at home?
63. Tell me something about you that you think I might not know.
Don't worry if your child isn't initially excited about answering your questions—and don't rush her to answer or move on to another one too quickly. Letting your child take her time shows that you're genuinely interested in what she has to say, and not just robotically asking. And for us adults, it's a great way to exercise our own creativity and imagination. Do you ever wonder when or why we stopped thinking outside of the box on a regular basis? By getting back there, we're modeling the importance of curiosity. So feel free to share your own answers to these questions, too!